Over many years, the foodservice equipment market has examined, adopted and, occasionally, discarded technology that promised to revolutionize the industry. Original foodservice industry innovations like AutoQuotes, The KCL CADalog and Davisware now are in broad use, providing a level playing field of automation for common industry tasks. A plethora of ERP systems drive backend processes from accounting to purchasing and warehouse management, making virtually every part of the channel more efficient. And conversely, what industry veteran can’t recall at least one or more high-flying, can’t miss, sure-fire technology application now most often remembered in a cocktail reception story session?
But with all successful technology adoption and the lessons learned from the failures, what technology within the industry really will make reps better. For Paradigm and our member companies, we believe that two types of technology are critical to achieve better representation. The first includes productivity-enhancers like those cited previously.
The second, and ultimate, technology that really makes reps better is process-based and behavior-driven. It goes beyond improving efficiency at tasks, creating true effectiveness. This requires specialized development and adoption of codified systems that create consistent, proven sales practices enabled by information and insights. Such technology must be customized around specific foodservice equipment industry practices borne of deep experience and proven over time.
That vision drives investment by Paradigm and our member companies in continuing development of The REV. Over many years, we’ve utilized several technology platforms, learning from each and adopting with the next, always expanding capability and value. With The Rev, Paradigm and our member companies are creating value and opportunities for our various channel partners. Here’s a sample:
- Improved Project Management. From bid to design through delivery and start-up, The Rev helps us keep a close eye on all aspects of complex projects. If there’s a hiccup or delay with scheduling, pricing, documents, expected responses or more, The Rev pinpoints any problem, alerts us to a potential cause, and directs us to the best possible action.
- Consistent Dealer Support. With comprehensive dealer reports, The Rev allows Paradigm companies to get accurate information to our dealers fast, across all our line and all the dealer’s projects. Our sales teams share this detailed information in our regular dealer meetings, reviewing quote logs, PO logs, pending specifications, aging opportunities and more. With information from The Rev, our reps make regular dealer meeting efficient, productive and profitable for our dealers and manufacturers.
- Enhanced Forecasting. Our manufacturers need accurate and timely forecasts so they can optimize their own operations. With our six member companies utilizing The Rev for common processes and reports, we can deliver accurate, timely forecasting in a variety of formats. And, when a factory chooses to invest in a more direct system integration, we can automate this reporting for always-available access.
- Efficient Operations Scheduling. Better forecasting means efficient operations for modern production facilities. With accurate sales forecasting down to the model and SKU, manufacturers can improve materials ordering and inventory management, create efficient production schedules, and even plan finished goods shipments for best freight rates.
- Better On-Time Performance. Whether it’s an early-warning flag during the ordering process or a glitch in a shipment date, alerts and reports generated in The Rev mean better on-time performance. When there’s a problem, the customer service teams at our member companies can help to create a solution, often avoiding costly delays.
- And Much More. These are just examples of how investments in and ongoing enhancements to The Rev is delivering value for our dealers, manufacturers and the end users we all serve. Yet, we haven’t touched how we use The Rev to create new opportunities with end users, train our sales teams for top-results, operate successful multi-million-dollar-generating marketing campaigns, and more
We’re happy to demonstrate The Rev’s detailed capabilities to our dealers and manufacturer partners. Just contact one of our partner companies, and we’ll set up a demo for you.